Current job opportunities at UBC’s Centre for Writing and Scholarly Communication
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Graduate Writing Consultant
The Centre for Writing and Scholarly Communication (CWSC) delivers evidence-based writing consultations, workshops, and resources to UBC Vancouver community members. We model best practices that support and promote linguistic diversity, expression, and identity in accord with UBC’s decolonizing, anti-racist, and inclusive Pathway to excellence. Thus, we seek graduate students who reflect UBC’s diversity, particularly those who identify as IBPOC.
Graduate Writing Consultants provide peer support to students on a wide-range of writing according to established professional and disciplinary practices. The role may include participating in writing retreats, co-facilitating writing workshops, and developing writing resources
Read the full job description here: Writing Consultant Work Learn Job Description Summer 2023
Hours and Salary:
- Attend in-person CWSC training and orientation on May 17 & 18, 2023 (~10 hours in total)
- Complete self-directed training on May 19, 2023 (~3 hours)
- Work ~10 – 15 hours per week from May 23, 2023 – August 18, 2023
- Attend and participate in weekly, one hour, in-person CWSC staff meetings (Thursdays 10am) that focus on evidence-based approaches to writing and their practical applications
- $22.67 CAD/hr.
We conduct rolling interviews: to secure an interview, apply well before the posting deadline (March 26th, 2023). Submit the following required materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (addressed to Dr. Patty A. Kelly) and CV/Resume
- Writing sample (e.g., research paper; policy report; published article)
- Summer course timetable from the SSC, including registration in the thesis, if applicable
- Teaching hours and office hours, if applicable